Tell us your plans and together we’ll make them happen
You have an idea of what you want to achieve, but you don’t know how to achieve it – yet.
New systems designed or upgrade your old systems with new tech
You might need to get new systems designed from scratch or upgrade your old systems with new tech.
Either way, our engineers can draw on decades of experience to design the system you need, creating the bridge between your plan and an operational process. It’s the next step to get your idea up and running, making a difference in your business and the wider world.
Our engineers have created turnkey solutions for aerospace, utilities, mining, automotive, textiles, life science, packaging, crain and hoist, web transfer and many other fields.
The SDS system design process
You will receive a dedicated Project Engineer who will oversee the project. The following process ensures your operational requirements are understood and your project is delivered on time and to budget:
- First, we will meet with you to understand your needs. We’ll talk through the solution and estimate the costs.
- Next, we’ll clarify the engineering details of the project and carry out an energy audit.
- You’ll receive drawings of the concept electrical schematics. This will give you a chance to suggest adjustments before we begin ordering parts.
- The project schedule will be set in place, ensuring we meet crucial dates.
- Motors and drives will be sized and parts ordered.
- We’ll build and assemble the system on our site.
- And then deliver it, install it and test its functions.
- We will also commission all devices to optimise their efficiency and ensure a maximum lifespan.
Ongoing technical support
Once we have successfully delivered your project it’s not goodbye from us, in fact it’s just the beginning! You can rest assured we will continue to support you through the additional services we offer:
- Telephone and on-site support from our specialist application engineers
- Remote demonstrations of software and remote programming.
- Training courses tailored to your system and software.
- Regular audits and maintenance fulfilled by our seasoned electrical engineers.
To turn the best ideas into designs, you want the best engineers on your side.
Specialists with over 100 years collective engineering experience
We offer expert technical advice alongside our other services
We design, commission, repair, audit, optimise and upgrade – and our engineers know what your production line needs
We work with you to outline what you will need in the months and years to come
Our preventative maintenance stops you worrying about future production line problems
Engineering Frequently Asked Questions
How fast is your emergency call out?
We endeavour to be with you in the same, depending on availability and location. Should you require same day call out, please do call our team on 0117 938 1800
Do you offer installation?
SDS offer an Installation Service which includes taking an old drive out of the system, modernising the wiring, installing the new drive, integrating the unit into your wider system, and programming the unit to maximise efficiency and life expectancy. We additionally complete electrical schematics, single line drawings, and installation, maintenance, and operating instructions for you as part of this service. You can find out more about our installation service here.
Can you install my drive even if I didn’t buy it from you?
We are happy to commission drives that you have already purchased. Please visit our Commissioning section here. If you have any questions, please contact one of our team to discuss your requirements.
Can you help me source an obsolete drive?
At SDS, we do work with obsolete drives and items and will always try our best to source these for you or present you suitable replacements. Please call our team on 0117 938 1800 to discuss your requirements.
Can you procure spares for an obsolete drive?
At SDS Drives, we do stock a selection of obsolete spares and will always try our best to source these for you or present you suitable replacements. Please check the stock on our website first and if you cannot find the item you are looking for, please do call our team on 0117 938 1800 to discuss your requirements.
Get your system designed
Let’s get your idea moving. Get in touch and we’ll talk about how we can make what you want to happen happen.